Movies on ipod displayed as mp3 format...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 iMac dome, 1.25 ghz, OS 10.5.4. 5th Gen 80gb iPod Video
such as the album cover art on left side (shows 1st screen of movie), movie name beside it, and time slider bar on bottom.

It all started when I downloaded a free copy of the movie "Angels & Demons" when I bought the DVD (it came with it). I discovered that I had to upgrade to iTunes 9 (I had 7) and my quicktime in order for it to work. I have a 5th gen ipod. After doing so, I synced the ipod and set it aside without checking to see if it worked. After a few days I went to use the ipod and discovered it wouldn't play movies.

On a different note, if it's relevant, I went to browse the iTunes store and got a message to upgrade to Safari 4 in order to view. Learned that I had to do a software update to 10.5.8 to use Safari 4. D/L'ed that and it wouldn't install. Did a permissions verification and repair, then restarted. imac stays on blue screen with spinning beach ball.

Would the ipod return back to normal if I revert back to iTunes 8 or 7? I searched the Mac OS threads for the blue screen fix and will try that at home. Hopefully I will be able to fix this. Any help would be grateful.

Thanks,
Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.