Bluetooth Mighty Mouse won't pair in Windows 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
Hi all,

I have just moved from XP to windows 7 on my Bootcamp partition and can't get my macbook to pair with the Mighty mouse. I've had a quick search and couldn't see anything on this problem, apologies if there is already a thread on it.

I open the bluetooth devices tab, go to add a device, and my mighty mouse is there. But when I click on the mouse and then click next, nothing happens. It just seems it won't pair.

Anybody had this problem and solved it?

Thanks in advance.
Stef

To add... I also appear to have no audio output - from my macbook speakers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First thing to try is insert your OS X install DVD while Windows 7 is up and running. Go to "My Computer", open the DVD and double click on "setup.exe" to install - reinstall Windows drivers. You didn't say which OS X you're using but unless you have Snow Leopard, you may have difficulty getting the correct drivers for sound and blue tooth.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ah, thanks chcsag, I'm still on leopard. Maybe its time for the upgrade to SL now! I've managed to blag a wired mouse off a friend for the time being but will try reinstalling the windows drivers and report back and let you know what happens.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi all again,

I have upgraded to SL, and am fully up to date on the apple side of things, I still can't sort out windows. Inserting my osx disc in my macbook only brings up "setup.exe" on the window that comes up immediately. In computer I have 'windowsSupport'.

Double clicking on this gives me 2 options for remote install of OSX onto a macbook air, and dvd drive sharing for use with a macbook air on my network. Nothing about windows drivers.

Have I missed something here? I couldn't find anything on the apple website either, drivers wise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 '' I-MAC, 4GB, GT130, XP Pro SP3
LOL... Had the same problem under XP, Vista.

You can do it manually. But it is easier if you have a USB mouse, navigate all the way to were you setup the Bluetooth mouse, set it up. Reboot. (Use the Windows Bluetooth panel.)

Regards,
Coolknight

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.