Anti-Virus Software

P

Paul G

Hi there, I've been asked to look into Anti-Virus software for our Mac at work that will be put onto a huge global network. Can anyone suggest a good one to purchase. I've been warned away from Norton in the past.

Thank you muchly
Paul :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
virex is free with .mac, but I personally use intego virus barrier, since I don't have a .mac account.

OP
B

Badger

The US version of Macworld (March '05) reviewed anti-virus software and rated Intego's VirusBarrier as the editors' choice. Also - imo - Symantec's long-range commitment to the Mac is questionable. Norton's Anti-Virus is the only Mac product that Symantec markets. It is not hard to imagine that Symantec would cut Mac development to streamline its operations.

Reaction score
I use NIS 3.0 on my PB, got a virus and sent it to Norton, i didn't realize that a PC virus can't hurt a Mac.. But anyway Norton called my house with in 3 hours of my e-mail to them to tell me.. I would say that commitment isn't a problem at present.. I like Norton because it doesn't slow down my PB nor use resources and their support is second to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
do not get virex!!!!!!! i have intego but i never used it. it was ok the few times that i did.

Reaction score
.mac virex is not working for me (one of the reasons i joined) but not yet set for tiger........figures!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Neither of them work well with Tiger yet, please be careful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.