Nokia 6230 and Powerbook G4's

B

blueturtles

Does anyone know what I can do with my Nokia 6230 and my powerbook G4? They both have bluetooth and so I know they are compatible. I already tried connecting them and it works fine. But it didn't work with iSync. Do you guys know of any other software I can download for this? I don't know the potential of this pair, so if someone could enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.

OP
S

Steel02001

Do you have sprint or verizon?

Because if you do, nothing. Both sprint and verizon did not allow full bluetooth capabilities for fear that it would infringe on their business, ie selling screensavers and ring tones and what not.

Verizon is actually being sued for such.

there is a thread, search for pm 325, that I started and in it there is a link talking all about this on a sprint forum.

Basically, bluetooth on most phones is crap and people like you and me got hosed for buying it.

OP
B

bpozenel

Phone Director

blueturtles said:
Does anyone know what I can do with my Nokia 6230 and my powerbook G4? They both have bluetooth and so I know they are compatible. I already tried connecting them and it works fine. But it didn't work with iSync. Do you guys know of any other software I can download for this? I don't know the potential of this pair, so if someone could enlighten me, it would be much appreciated.

OS X doesn't support this phone, but third party software does; it is called Phone Director by Macmedia and it is kind of phone manager - you can edit your phone book, write SMS and tons of other stuff (gallery, calendar..). It costs 29.95 USD but its worth it - if you need that kind of stuff.

You can get it here: http://www.macmedia.sk/pd.htm

Hope that helps you.

Peace.

Groover

phone-director.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.