Help Please Wma-mp3????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, ipod nano, ipod video and a whole lotta love
I just bought the new dave matthews cd, all i want to do is put it on my ipod, but you have to rip it through the cd program and cant do it through itunes, if you do it through itunes it will skip. Can I get these songs on my ipod through WM player instead of my itunes? I just want to listen to it on my ipod, is that so hard

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i knew you would find this haha, DMB for life!
been to any concerts, if so let me know! i love hearing about them, I have been a follower for about 6 or 7 years and went to my first concert last year with a buddy from seattle, the old three peat at the gorge....UNREAL!

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh by the way this is on a PC, i am ridiculously ILLETERATE on the computers. So any help would be beneficial, because most of this talk just flies over the head!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Alright I will see if I can explain it easy

Use system restore (I think it is accessories) to go back a day before you first inserted the cd (When it autoruns it installs the copyprotection software on your comp).

Go to Run
type regedit and hit enter

Once you're in the Registry Editor click the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Services
Cdrom

Then on the right side of the screen, double-click "AutoRun" and make sure "Value Data" is set to 0 and not 1. Then restart your computer. This should stop the CD from installing the software once you put it in the drive.

Now you should be able to rip it in iTunes. (The easy way to stop autoplay is to press and hold down Shift when you put the CD in, but doing it the long way will be a permanent solution).

I have been to a bunch of shows. Would have gone to Roseland on monday night but I had finals Tuesday morning and night. I am going to Bonnaroo this year and the Randalls Island festival. I was at the Central Park concert and just about every other NY area show they have played

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
you are awesome, thank you! worked like a charm! hopefully I can see another dave show soon before he calls it quits, have no idea when that would be. But If you havent seen a show at the gorge, spend the money and take a trip out there. IT IS UNREAL, i am sure you have seen the DVD on the gorge off the live at the gorge cd. It is awesome! Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oo5yolo10 said:
you are awesome, thank you! worked like a charm! hopefully I can see another dave show soon before he calls it quits, have no idea when that would be. But If you havent seen a show at the gorge, spend the money and take a trip out there. IT IS UNREAL, i am sure you have seen the DVD on the gorge off the live at the gorge cd. It is awesome! Thanks again

The gorge is one of my goals. I saw them at red rocks in 95 with my dad but was only 9 years old at the time so I don't have the greatest recollection of the show nor did I really appreciate it as much as I do now. I have seen them at Jones Beach, MSG, Giants Stadium, Continental Airlines, SPAC, D&T and Radio City, D&F at MSG

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wow you lucky man, all that at like what 19 yrs of age, hopefully you can get out there!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am sure I will eventually. It has just been bad timing with school these past few years

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.