Stickies in Finder

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there an application out there that allows me to save stickies inside folders in Finder? :Confused:

I'm a confused soul, an application like this could really help me. For instance, I'd place a stickie on friday eve before leaving the office telling myself "You've already sent the files in this folder to Mr. Client. Don't do it again." Or "This is the folder where you placed the very, very important file, it's called Important.doc." or simply "THIS ONE!!!". Stickies placed on my desktop are hidden when I'm searching in Finder... :[

In reality I put stickies not just on my desk and screenside, but also in folders, books and on papers... Are there any counterpart available for my beloved Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome velin :)

If you want to use the sticky App you could write your sticky note and then in the top left corner there is a Arrow symbol. If you click that it will bring up a window to save it. Save it to desktop in plain text.
Unfortunately this will only save it as a Plain Text Document .. :( but if you Name it correctly you should be able to drag it to the folder you want. Then you will have a reminder.
The down side is it isnt in the sticky note look.

Ill do a little searching to see if there is a Sticky note looking one out there and post back

Cheers

EDIT: well after some soul searching had no luck in finding something to put a sticky in a folder ... The plain text Save is the closest ATM..
Give it time keep looking BC there might be someone in this forum knows of something :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
... in the top left corner there is a Arrow symbol. If you click that it will bring up a window to save it. Save it to desktop in plain text.

On mine (Os10.5.8) it's a box, not an arrow. But, it works as stated. Also, from Stickies Help:

You can export text from a sticky note to create a text file.

To export text from a sticky note:

Click the sticky note that contains the text you want to export.

Choose File > Export Text.

Type a name and choose a destination for the text file you’re creating.

Choose a format from the Format pop-up menu:

Plain Text: Cannot include paragraph and font formatting or graphics and other embedded files.

RTF: Can include paragraph and font formatting. If you add graphics to a Rich Text Format (RTF) file, it is changed to a Rich Text Format Directory (RTFD) file.

RTFD: Can include paragraph and font formatting, as well as graphics and other embedded files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Better yet, just highlight and drag the text from your note into the folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
That's cool. Works great if you have Stickies and Finder Windows assigned to the same Space. Otherwise, the Export method might be easier to accomplish, but I haven't tested that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.