Wireless Connectivity on Snow Leopard

Reaction score
Hey,

I am running the latest snow leopard (10.6.2) on my Macbook which is about a year and a half old. Ever since I installed snow leopard my wireless connection worked intermittently and now it doesn't connect at all. I thought it was my router so i changed from a netgear router to a linksys and I still was having the same problem. Then I took it into apple and they replaced my airport card but that still didn't fix it. Then I changed out my Comcast modem with a different one and I still haven't had any luck. Anyone having similar issues or know how to help?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Does Airport even see your home network?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum More info can be a big help to making suggestions. So which unit is doing the wireless Network?
Which unit is handing out the DHCP?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not a question, comment or suggestion about the forum itself. Moving to the appropriate forum.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To Mborries:

This has come up before. Somehow, the upgrade to Snow Leopard zaps all the previous connectivity information or corrupts it. It doesn't happen to all upgrades but only some.

Basically what you have to do is completely remove all the previous connectivity information including any passwords for encryption that you may have stored in keychain.

Open Library » Preferences » SystemConfiguration, and trash the entire contents of that folder. Delete all locations in System Preferences » Network, and recreate the location Automatic.

Also go to Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain Access.app and display your passwords from keychain. Look for any password info for your internet access and delete it from the keychain.

Now reboot the machine. Create a new automatic location as stated above.

You should be able to get access as before you upgraded to Snow Leopard.

The above information was copied from a hint given in the Mac OS X Hints forum.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.