User Problem?

C

chrisregentb

Hi, this is the second time this happened to me. I am using OS 10.3 What happens is a user gets screwed up, You click to open the hard drive or try to open anything and it just spins on you, until you force quit. Although when I rebooted in OS 9 I don't have that problem, or when I create a new user in OS X I don't have that problem as well. I repaired permissions, repaired hd, dumped preferences, with the same results. In the past I copied the user documents, desktop, etc. to a new user in order to fix that problem. Does anyone know what causes that, and maybe a better way to fix it other than creating a new user? Thanks

Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Try starting in "safe boot" mode. Log the user out, then as you are logging the userback in hold down on the shift key. If you are then able to access the HD then there is something that is installed that is corrupt. Probably a third party application. You would then neeed to do some detective work to find the bad boy (or girl).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.