• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Video Compression

Reaction score
I've been using the iMovieHD on my macbook pro. I usually share to Quicktime using the web streaming option and it makes my video look very blocky and crappy looking.. I know it is compressing it, but is there a way to compress without losing so much quality? If I don't compress it takes like an hour to upload a video to youtube.. I have a decently fast internet connection so I'm not sure.. take a peek at what I mean

this is one with the web streaming object:

YouTube - Girl on Girl action

This is one converted at full quality

YouTube - Lessons in Boot Kung Fu

Is there a happy medium?

OP
M
Reaction score
I know that video link says girl on girl action.. and that might make it look like spam, but it just two girl friends of mine wrestling.. nothing obscene or anything..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
I haven't used iMovie for a very long time, but when I export movies for YouTube I generally export my movie for iPod which creates an Mp4 file which is fine for uploading as the filesize is small and the quality is fine when it's up there.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks melmation.. I will try that next video I do and see if I can still have the clarity..

OP
M
Reaction score
memation... you are the shizzle.. straight up.. I got a 212mb file compressed down to 8.7 and the clarity is still there.. not boxy at all.. The vid is crisp just like it was when I captured it and when I was editing it.. Thank you so much

If you care to see the first video I made doing this you can click the link below.. It is really short and fairly funny.. I think it deserves at the very least a chuckle.. Thanks again.. Cheers!

YouTube - Murdock's Hip Hop Cameos

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
*chuckle*

Just put a language warning on it as the 2nd spoof was a bit harsh and this is a family forum.
Just a suggestion mate :)

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
TattooedMac..

You're right man.. Sorry about that.. I don't even really think of language in good an bad.. Being raised by an irish grandmother that cussed like a sailor but was way into church makes me forget that language is even an issue lol..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yea no prob's mate. Just thought i would jump in before the Mods did and gave you a rap on the knuckles lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
Hey Murdock,

Glad it worked!

Mel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.