Wireless connection problem on 2007 mac os x version 10.5.8

Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been having troubles with my wireless connection at various locations using different routers for about 4 months now and have just been not worrying about it and connecting through Ethernet cable. Now I'm fed up with having my 2007 macbook os x version 10.5.8 acting as a desktop computer. GRR..

So here's whats up.

All normal wireless networks are shown, and I can access them to the point where my computer shows that the status of the wireless connections appears: AirPort is connected to dlink and has the IP address 192.xxx.x.xxx. This seems to me that the internet should work... however if I open firefox or safari, the browser takes a while to load then an error message appears telling me that Firefox can't find the server.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing anything that I can do to fix this issue as I am now desperate to figure this out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
different routers for about 4 months now and have just been not worrying about it and connecting through Ethernet cable.
Can we assume that the above refers to home? if so what is providing the wireless network - the D link? and is it password protected? There are a lot of areas of potential issues so might be better to just deal with one place first and whittle down the possibilities.

OP
T
Reaction score
Hi there thanks for your response. By different routers at different locations I mean home, coffee shops, school, malls, work, and on vacation. In terms of my home network its password protected and only my boyfriend shares the network with me.

Maybe that clears some things up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.