FAO MBP 17" Owners - What Screen Resolution are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
As per title really. Having recently made the move from a Windows based laptop, and Windows environment of a couple of decades, finally to a MacBook Pro 17", and loving it I may add, there is one thing which is bugging me, and Im not entirely sure that Im doing something right here on my MBP regarding the screens display.

Basically, my Display settings are set at 1920x1200, and Im finding the resolution a little on the small size for my eyes, even the firefox toolbars appear to be quite small.

I have tried various screen sizes via the display settings, but not really found a happy medium, with many settings showing either a stretched display, or text being slightly hard on the eye, kind of blurred.

Am I doing something wrong?

What display settings have you got on your 17" MBP, and which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

OP
Mickyfin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Ok, I have figured this out after spending a day or so searching around online, and will share my findings here in case anyone else experiences the same as I when it comes to their new MBP 17" and Firefox browser tabs, toolbars being too small.

You need to add this to your chrome folder in your firefox profile. Its CSS.

/* change the font of the toolbars */
toolbar {
font-size: 10pt !important;
font-family: Times New Roman !important;
}
/* global font */
* {
font-size: 10pt !important;
font-family: Verdana !important;

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.