• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Macbook Pro wont connect to network! HELP!!

Reaction score
I have a macbook pro and a dell laptop. My dell connects faultlessly to my wireless router, macbook pro recognizes the network but cannot connect to it. Macbook pro works when cabled directly to the router. Im wanting to get rid of my dell, but first I need to figure out this problem with the macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Go to system preferences, network, airport, advanced, airport tab. Double click on your network. Enter the proper name, security, and password settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I have a macbook pro and a dell laptop. My dell connects faultlessly to my wireless router, macbook pro recognizes the network but cannot connect to it. Macbook pro works when cabled directly to the router. Im wanting to get rid of my dell, but first I need to figure out this problem with the macbook!

Apple tends to be more picky with Networks - so if the Network is WEP good idea to set it up with WPA2;

Click for full size

and if you are going to be roaming a bit you will have better surfing if you set locations for your most popular spots - leave Automatic for casual places;

Click for full size

and that is further enhanced by setting the DNS numbers for the ISP at those places - look here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.