Iphone Easiest backup

Reaction score
Hey all. I'd like to know what's the easiest way to backup my Iphone, I really want a snapshot of the phone, just a backup of the entire phone so that if something happens to my Iphone, I can transpose everything to a knew Iphone. Can this be done automatically? Can this be done wireless? I have Wifi at home and my computer is a Macbook 13". . Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Itunes backs up your user settings and everything else is on your computer{or mobile me if you have it).. What else do you require ?

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
D
Reaction score
What do you exactly mean, Itunes backs ups my settings and files? So itunes just backs up everything?

If Itunes backs up exactly my content of the Iphone, why do apps like mobile me exist? Is their backup different?

The key thing is, I want everything backed up so in case of emergency, I can put it easily on a new Iphone.

I'm a bit uneasy about using Itunes, if I need to use a new Iphone in case of problems with my actual one, isn't there any risk Itunes will back up the New Iphone first so the old data of the first Iphone would be erased?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Let me try this again, itunes backs up your iphones user data and settings every time you sync. Everything else is already on your computer( music , apps ,pics , contacts ) so if you lose , drop , run over , light on fire , give to a hot girl etc.your iphone you would get a new phone and then you will set it up on your computer , itunes will will say "hey this is a new iphone ! set up as new or restore from old back up " Or along those lines. You select from back up and you are done then resync what you want and go outside and play in the sunshine.:D

Really its that easy I promise.

Clay

OP
D
Reaction score
Okay, so now I think I get it, so the first time I synced, the apps were backed up too, so from then Iphone won't back up everything that it has allready backed up but only the files that changed, which results in the same thing as a full backup.

If that's how it is then I'm in peace :D,thx. Except now I'll have to think about what backup I'll use for my macbook, but that's another story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad to help. As for your MacBook just use Time Machine.

Clay

Reaction score
The Mobile Me gives you the ability to sync your information (not content) wirelessly without connecting it to a computer. That is one of the purposes of Mobile Me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.