Yahoo! Messenger for Mac

Reaction score
I use my webcam on my PC to communicate with my grandchildren and now I want to do it on my new iMac. I want to use Yahoo Messenger for Mac because we are used to communicating with Messanger and that is what my family uses.

I have downloaded it and I get a msg that tells me to move it from the download folder to the application folder to install it. I do this, but then how do I install it?

Does anybody have any experience with this program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
Once you have moved it to the Applications folder, all you have to do it launch the program from there. :D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The latest version is yahoomessenger_3.0.0build192773.dmg.

A DMG is a Disk Image. When you double click on it, it mounts on your desktop and opens a window. In the Window is Yahoo Messenger with the smiling yellow face, next to that an arrow pointing to a Blue Folder named Applications. Drag the Yahoo Icon to the Applications and drop it. It will copy to the Applications folder.

You can also grab that Yahoo Icon and in Finder drop it in Applications. Either way will work.

Then close the window of the Disk Image and throw mounted folder with that name on the desktop into the trash. Then you will find Yahoo Messenger in Applications. You can drag a copy to your Dock for easy launching.

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.