Transferring from Windows to Mac

Reaction score
I have a 3G 16GB Iphone. It was synced to my Dell XPS as well as my AppleTV. The Dell's motherboard failed a few weeks ago and my Iphone is acting up and I would like to pull some photo's off of it (not camera photo's). My question is this:

If I sync my Iphone with my Macbook Pro (main computer now) will I be able to re-download my "purchases" and not be charged twice for it? If I cannot is there a application or anything to pull the purchased music off my Iphone and authorize it on another computer? As well as my photo albums that contained pretty much all 7,985 photos that were on my Dell. My Iphone is pretty much the only backup I had all my photo's on my Dell.

Sorry if the question has been asked and covered many times before. Feel free to merge this thread into a current one covering this topic.

Thanks in advance

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Yes you will be able to re-purchase your stuff without being charged again since all of that information is linked to your Apple ID. I do believe there is a limit of how many times you can download a purchased item, but doing it twice or three times is perfectly within that limit..

Regards

Reaction score
A better way to do that is to pull the hard drive out of the Dell and put it in an external USB enclosure. Then you can simply plug it into the USB port on any other computer and browse through the drive to extract whatever files you want from it. Then you can continue to use that external drive for backup of future data. :)

OP
S
Reaction score
I was trying to avoid the external. I have had terrible luck with them. So i will sync it with my mac, and download a few songs and if I see charges I'll call apple and let them know. If not, ill be downloading the rest

OP
S
Reaction score
Iphoto seems to hang everytime I try to import photo's from my iphone. Is there a manual way to do this? Its roughly 6200 photos.

Getting annoying

Reaction score
Try TouchCopy - it's not free ($24.95), but well worth the money. It does an excellent job of copying all your stuff from an iphone or ipod to a computer. It even integrates the media into itunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.