Can you connect an external monitor to an imac G5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I know it has 'mini-vga' but can it be connected to another monitor, so you can sync, and run at the same time like a dual monitor setup?
Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
alexmaccoll said:
I know it has 'mini-vga' but can it be connected to another monitor, so you can sync, and run at the same time like a dual monitor setup?
Alex

Yes and no. The way it is set up standard is for mirroring only. However you can download a hack called the screen spanning Dr. that will allow for a spanning dual screen setup. Keep in mind that this is not supported by Apple and can potentially void your warranty.

dang, badmojo beat me to it with that link.

-Chris

B

badmojo

bassplayrr said:
Yes and no. The way it is set up standard is for mirroring only. However you can download a hack called the screen spanning Dr. that will allow for a spanning dual screen setup. Keep in mind that this is not supported by Apple and can potentially void your warranty.

dang, badmojo beat me to it with that link.

-Chris

People need to do more forum searches before they post. 90% of this stuff has been likely answered before. Here's a funny, by the way:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" intel iMac, 15" MBP, 3 X 13.3" MB (family etc), G4 tower, 12" G4 PowerBook, iBook G4, 20" iMacG5
I think i'll back into a corner, and hide from you now....
Alex

B

badmojo

alexmaccoll said:
I think i'll back into a corner, and hide from you now....
Alex

Hey, no harm done. I'm not some forum-nazi [we have mods for that].

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.