The COUNT DOWN to my mini

R

rosso

Hey i've ordered my mac mini and the ETA is 17th as given by them. As of today May 11th thats 6 days and counting.... Man i hope it dont drag. Cant wait. Not had a mac since year 2000.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
rosso said:
Hey i've ordered my mac mini and the ETA is 17th as given by them. As of today May 11th thats 6 days and counting.... Man i hope it dont drag. Cant wait. Not had a mac since year 2000.

Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it. :)

-Chris

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Congrats on your new purchase. Now is comes the part I don't like, the waiting. :)

OP
R

rosso

Hey also, im not too familiar with mac software, so whats the must have stuff?

Reaction score
Adium X is a really good multi protocol chat client for msn, yahoo, AIM, jabber....

Also, if you like to customize, then get shapeshifeter from www.unsanity.com ...

OP
R

rosso

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE......i just got the following.....

We are pleased to send you this dispatch notification regarding your Apple Store order. Your order has been dispatched and will be delivered to your shipping address. Please keep this email as it contains your reference number.

Its comming from the Netherlands via TNT for some reason? Hmm strange. Well Least I know i'll have it soon in my hands to cuddle!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Where do you live rosso?

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

Congrats - You'll really enjoy it -- might start looking at USB2 hubs - and consider going to 512MB RAM :p

OP
R

rosso

PC_Puke said:
Congrats - You'll really enjoy it -- might start looking at USB2 hubs - and consider going to 512MB RAM :p
Already got the 512MB RAM mate, im about to take it out and get a nice gig in there. Cant wait to use all this bluetooth stuff....woohoo.

OP
R

rosso

UPDATE.....UPDATE...UPDATE....

Activity <> Location <> Date / Time (GMT)
Shipment Picked Up <> PARDUBICE, PA, CZ <> 11 May 2005 22:25

oh how did it get to CZ I wonder? Man its goin all around europe!

OP
R

rosso

update.....
Arrive Terminal LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 13 May 2005 06:33
Out For Delivery LUXEMBOURG, LU, LU 13 May 2005 09:00

Well suppose its come a little closer to home huh?

OP
D

djmitch

rosso said:
I feel your "pain", but I wish my ETA was quick like yours! I ordered my Mini on April 22 and the estimated ship date is May 23. It also takes an extra week or so to deliver, so I may be waiting until June! I guess that's what happens when you order a fully-loaded Mini. :(

OP
R

rosso

djmitch said:
I feel your "pain", but I wish my ETA was quick like yours! I ordered my Mini on April 22 and the estimated ship date is May 23. It also takes an extra week or so to deliver, so I may be waiting until June! I guess that's what happens when you order a fully-loaded Mini. :(
Mine is fully loaded too. It shipped the same day I ordered it. Its just taking 4/5 days to get to me slowly from transit. Your waiting time is insane. Dont any local shops have the mini in stock?

OP
D

djmitch

rosso said:
Mine is fully loaded too. It shipped the same day I ordered it. Its just taking 4/5 days to get to me slowly from transit. Your waiting time is insane. Dont any local shops have the mini in stock?
I'm at least 1 hour away from any Mac retailer and their Minis are all bare-bones (when they're actually in stock!), meaning I'd have to find some other place(s) to do the upgrades -- too much of a hassle. That's why I chose to order from Apple on-line; I had a feeling it would take long, but then it would come with everything I want. I also didn't want to do upgrades myself because I didn't want to void the warranty.

Anyhow - funny thing - only a few hours after my lament about the long wait I got an e-mail telling me my Mac has been shipped, but by regular delivery I'll have to wait up to another 12 days to get it! Perhaps mine is taking long because I live in rural Western Canada - in the UK you at least have a significant population density! Ours is minimal outside of major centres, and in some areas around here non-existant.

OP
R

rosso

Hello everyone i finally have it. I've just got it about 1 hr ago and have been playing about with it. Wow the build quality really hit me. Its fantastically built. The mac one button mouse is annoying. Any tips on how to browse with a one button mouse?

Man the OS is totally different to windows. Im fairly computer proficient and im actually having trouble navigating. Currently im downloading the updates. But a thumbs up so far.

OP
E

EvoMac

rosso said:
Hello everyone i finally have it. I've just got it about 1 hr ago and have been playing about with it. Wow the build quality really hit me. Its fantastically built. The mac one button mouse is annoying. Any tips on how to browse with a one button mouse?

Man the OS is totally different to windows. Im fairly computer proficient and im actually having trouble navigating. Currently im downloading the updates. But a thumbs up so far.

Congrats on the mini. Little suggestion, keep the apple keyboard and ditch the mouse for at least a 2 button mouse. Ctrl+Click will get on your nerves, especially coming from pcs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.