Syncing with Google Calendar Issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
I have my phone synced with Google Calendar using the Microsoft Exchange method (Setting Up Your iPhone or iPod Touch : Google Sync - Mobile Help).

It works fine but I noticed a hiccup last night that I haven't been able to figure out. If I add an event to my iPhone itself, it does not show up in Google Calendar. Synching the other way works as events added in Google calendar do show up on the phone.

I may have a setting wrong somewhere but as far as I know it's setup correctly. What else can I try?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Check which Calendar your iPhone adds to by default?

Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars - scroll to the bottom. Make sure your default calendar is one of your google calendars and that your time zone is set correctly.

OP
The_Grudge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
Thanks. The default calendar was correct but I changed Time Zone Support from "On" to "Off" and it seems to be working now.

Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.