Multi-function printer that works with Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac7,1 2.4 GHz OSX 10.6.5
Can anyone recommend a reliable multi-function network printer where the scanning function works with Snow Leopard? My HP Officejet 7210's scan function doesn't work properly. If I scan to PDF with Mac drivers the files are too large (1.1Mb instead of 70kb). If I use HP's Device Manager to scan it's a hit and miss affair which means I can spend half an hour trying to scan five pages :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Have you tried using the Preview Import from Scanner scanner function?

I use an HP multi function C4180 with no problem.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you tried using the Preview Import from Scanner scanner function?

I use an HP multi function C4180 with no problem.

Thanks for your reply. I have tried this function and it works but the output file size is much larger than I want even when the resolution is reduced to 150 dpi.
E.g. The normal scan of a single page, using HP Device Manager (when it works) is 82 kb but using the Preview Import the file size is 389 kb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I use the Brother MFC 885CW on our LAN with 2 handsets - works well, will connect wirelessly to either iMac and scan wirelessly to either one and reconnects without any drama after power interruptions. Previous Canon never scanned reliably in spite of extra effort. I'm using it on 10.6.2 and 10.5.8.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Funnily enough we were going to look at Canon but will investigate Brother on your recommendation. Thanks Collin BI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Had a friend bring home a new iMac and the HP all in one printer. He installed the HP software, and couldn't get anywhere with it. We uninstalled the HP software, and the Mac communicated perfectly with the printer all on its own. Apparently using drivers that come with Snow Leopard. So, try uninstalling the HP software, and letting the Mac handle everything.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi VegasGeorge the problem with the Mac software is that it produces PDF files which are too large.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.