Switching my ipod

Reaction score
So when i purchased my ipod i was using a pc, now ive made the switch to mac. Ive transferred my library to the mac but it's not recognizing my ipod when i plug it in to the usb port. How do i get my mac to recognize it? is there a way to reset my ipod so its factory fresh without using itunes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
You wil have to factory reset the iPod, so the next time you plug it in, iTunes will format it for Mac. After that is finished, you should be able to add all your media content on your iPod from iTunes.

Reaction score
Whoa! Since when do "PC-formatted" iPods not work on Macs?

Reaction score
You need to re-install ipod. So, that may be that error will be fixed.
mail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Whoa! Since when do "PC-formatted" iPods not work on Macs?

That depends. . . I don't know if the iPod has a HD or uses flash memory, but I just guessed it was an iPod with a HD. For iPod's with HDs, they need to be formatted for OS X or Windows. If it's flash based, it will not have tobe formatted since they are the same format. (I think. . . Can't research right now, on my phone)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.