Missing Files and Missing Space

Reaction score
Hi,

I am still a little unfamiliar with navigating my macbook and need some help trying to figure out some inconsistencies.

My Downloads folder (when I "Get Info") shows a size of 47 GB and has 117 files.

When I open the actual folder and display the contents, only 49 files show up and add up to nowhere near 47 GB. How is this possible and how do I figure out where all those files are?

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Download EasyFind and take a look at your Downloads folder. That will probably show you what's there that your not seeing in Finder.

OP
F
Reaction score
I just downloaded it, but it is search geared. Not sure what to search for. Is there a way to display all folder contents using easyfind?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Sorry, tired, and read that wrong. That's a LOT of files :p

As in your duplicated thread, I would ask the same question as Aptmunich. Did you check all the sub-folders and items in the folders?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
sure, it recognizes Boolean and Wildcards, so *.* ought to find everything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.