MacBook Late 2008 Calabrate Battery??

Reaction score
I just got new battery from apple for my MacBook 2008 aluminum for some reason after 10 cycles my health dropped to 99% is this normal should I worry and go ahead get another one from them...my old battery had 40 cycles and it went shotttt would jump from 10% to 90% and back to 0% and battery wouldn't last as long my brother got same MacBook and he has 45 cycles with 100% health how can this be I just killed my battery from 100% to 0% and now I'm just wondering to know if it matters to wait 5hrs before plugging it in or I can do it after few minutess I was reading with calabration u should wait five hours

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I wouldn't sweat the difference between 99 and 100%

OP
J
Reaction score
No problem thanks...when you calabrate your battery do you have to wait five hours before plugging it in??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
As George says don't sweat the % but as you have a new battery you might want to reset the SMC and i would certainly do a calibration on a regular cycle as per this.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm facing the same problem too. From 10 cycles 98% and after reading the forum, I tried resetting the SMC and it's now 12 cycles 92%. Why is that so? Is my battery having any problem? I'm abit paranoid as my previous battery health for my old macbook pro really sucks to the max.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.