quit firefox while downloading adobe trials

Reaction score
so i was downloading the cs4 master suite trial using that horribly slow akamai downloader and i quit firefox while it was still going. it was on for hours and only got 4/6.75 gbs of the huge package downloaded. my question is where would that be? would it be in a temporary folder? or would it have been deleted when the download failed? found a file marked "adobe trials2 stage" but its empty. should i delete that and try again tomorrow? any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
With FFox, partial download files are retained, as long as you don't reboot (I think). When you reconnect to continue the download, the process begins from where you last left off.
Disclaimer: I no longer use FFox, have not done so for about a year, but I recall going through the slow d'load agony. Later the same day, I restarted the process and was surprised at how quickly it eventually finished. The D'load manager simply picked up at whatever % had been completed, and finished the job.

You know the name of the file you were d'loading, so, from D'top, used Cmd-F to search for that file name.

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
after i open FF after i realized what i did, it didn't start again. i put a safari shortcut on the desktop but when it went to the adobe site where there was link to resume a download but it doesn't open to anything. i click but it doesn't work. this is realy annoying

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
The partial downloads are usually in the same folder your downloads go to. Open Firefox and click Tools, Downloads, or Command-J.

OP
stickerdontwork
Reaction score
no luck. i open it and it opens to a safari page that says "click here to resume download" but when i click, nothing happens

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.