Powerpoint document created on mac not opening on PC

A

andrew@twenty20

Totally frustrated. I have created a PPT document on my Mac OS X, sent the document and the recipient cannot open on their PC. Have tried sending to someone else who has a very up-to-date PC computer, and they can't open either.

What do I do to overcome the problem?

:confused:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
The is a check box at the bottom of the screen that states dome on the line of send the file PC friendly. You see this on the attach file window.

I had the same problem with a word document.

OP
A

andrew@twenty20

rman said:
The is a check box at the bottom of the screen that states dome on the line of send the file PC friendly. You see this on the attach file window.

I had the same problem with a word document.

Thanks for the speedy reply, but can you tell me exactly where the check box is? I run macmail, is it in there? or is it through Powerpoint?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It is part of the Apple mail application. When you select attach a document, a window opens up so that you can locate the document to attach. At the bottom of this window you will find it. You will have to select Attach the document, instead of dragging and dropping.

OP
Y

Yolstar

thank you

i'm logged in as a different user, but I'm saying thanks for the handy tip. I haven't heard back from the recipient, but fingers crossed, all will work out.

Regards

Yolstar (originally posted under andrew at 20/20

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.