Wirelss Connection drops when neighbors sign in

Reaction score
Hi I am having much difficulty keeping connected sometimes... This happens only when 2 of my neighbors connect not sure who they are but everytime the two names come online I loose my connection and I have to reconnect. I read somewhere there is a setting for the IP or something to be able to be changed to stop this from happening but one I am not sure where I read it at and two I am not sure where to do this at. would someone be able to help me. thank you so much.

Oh I have a MacBook Pro and a iMac and the iMac never does it and I just recently switched over to a wireless connection with my macbook pro...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD > 2TB TC > 16GB iPhone 3G
You have to setup your router for WPA2 security so they can't connect to your wireless signal. Lock that down and you're golden!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Exactly. And if you don't think it's a big deal that they're on, you won't feel that way once you've got a settlement notice from the RIAA's lawyers for the music your neighbor's 13 year old was sharing over P2P. Unfortunately, you're responsible for what goes on with your Internet connection, not the party that connects.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.