search for identical images - iphoto & aperature 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

Over the years I have migrated from old macs to new macs, and have deleted and reinstalled hardrives resulting in duplication of images in iphoto.

I have just purcahsed aperature 2 and loaded and installed and have duplicated the images (and even the duplicated events) such that I intend to trash the newly installed aperature 2, fix up iphoto by merging the duplicated events, deleting duplicated photo's etc.

Question is, is there any easy way to find duplicated images and delete.

thanks in advance for any assistance.

cheers
maxy

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac, G4 laptop, G5, imac 2.4Ghz intel duo,
Hi,

thanks for the info. Never knew anything like annihilator existed. downloaded it and tried the shareware version which only did the first 500 photo's ( ihave 3500) and it worked a treat. so have bought the family pack and am currently doing all the macs.

thankyou very very much.

cheers
Maxy

Reaction score
i bought duplicate annihilator and it didn't find the majority of my duplicates. is there another software? what else can i do?

most of my duplicates have different file names and some are not rotated in the same direction. this happened because my mom scanned about 3,000+ pictures and didn't understand my directions. every time she hit "save" it would RE-SAVE ALL of the pictures vs just the recently scanned ones.

case in point... my iphoto is a disaster right now and not even the duplicate annihilator (which i bought) helped. anything else i can do? i am looking manually but this literally could take me weeks! help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Tofu - If u can see a characteristic that is identifiable in the renamed dupes then you may be able to build an Automator workflow to deal with them in a batch, such as move them to a dupes folder which you can then delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.