• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

New to Macbook and need help with burning dvds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all.. I need help :) I have used wonderful software for Windows, from Slysoft for copying dvd's that are protected. Unfortunately they don't make a Mac version. I know there has to be a good program out there, but I cannot find it. The latest one I tried was Aimersoft DVD Backup and it has a great interface, but when i convert dvd9 to dvd5 it makes the sound be off with the lips :(
So, please let me know what you use, and i assume it will be a seperate ripper and burner, details would be nice. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
Hi,

Welcome to the Forums!

I suggest you take a peak at: Mac-Forums.com - Announcements in Forum : Movies and Video

Discussing ripping, how to, problems associated with, etc. of copy protected DVDs is prohibited here as they follow US Law for determining what is and isn't allowed to discuss.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks

well, i thought i could get help for my new mac at the mac forums.. this is ironic. Is there some place else where discussions are allowed. I never have and will never think it is wrong to back up a dvd to save the original..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
"ironic" that the teaching of how to do something illegal is not allowed? ok

Doesn't really matter what any of us "think".

I believe most here (including myself) are on the side of "Fair Use".

However, the bottom line at this point in time is that breaking the encryption found on practically all commercial DVDs is against the law in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.