Magic Mouse problem

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm had my Magic Mouse for around 3 weeks now and have been experiencing issues with flash objects in firefox eg. youtube, megavideo, games.

Every time I clock something like the pause/play buttons or anywhere, it treats it as if I have just right-clicked. The only way to get around this for me is to ctrl-click somewhere else and it then recognises my left click as a left click.

This happens every time. Anyone know what's going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Never heard of this before. Does it continue to do it if you disable the right click (secondary) function in the Mouse preferences?

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes. It's bizarre. I've discovered it's extremely conditional though. It works fine if I stay in firefox, but as soon as I use a different application and come back to the flash object, it does the same thing!

screenshot20100110at173.png

^Even with secondary click off^

OP
N
Reaction score
One more thing I've discovered: it's localised to firefox. Works like a charm in Chrome and Safari.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Latest version of Firefox? I tried here with a video playing in You Tube and used other applications and came back and left click paused or played the song. Not sure what to say. Have you tried rebooting?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Don't get mad at me, but I have a dumb question for you. The magic mouse doesn't have a clearly defined right and left click area. Are you sure you're getting your finger way over to the left? I know that I tend to accidentally right click every now and then when my finger strays too far over in that direction.

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes I'm quite sure. I've been testing is for days and days with my finger practically on the left edge. No personal error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.