How to disable song intro in iTunes 9.0.2

Reaction score
This one indeed has me stumpted!!!! My 8 year old was using my iMac (iMac8, 1) the other day to play Fusion Fall online. At the time, I left iTunes on and running in the background...

Not sure what happened, but now every time I attempt to play a song in my music library through iTunes, a voice will come on at the start of each and every song and announces the name and from what album the song is found. Nice feature but TOTALLY ANNOYING!!!!! It's driving me nuts!!!!.

Everything in the Universal Access preference is turned OFF. There's nothing that I could find in the iTunes preference that shows where I can turn off this feature. My other two iMacs are running the SAME version of iTunes and the same OS (10.6.2) and they do not execute this feature. I've googled several possibilities but have come up with nothing!!!

iTunes Expert!!! I know you're out there!!! Have mercy and help me out here!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Have you checked if there was a setting in the game that enables a feature like this?

OP
S
Reaction score
Have you checked if there was a setting in the game that enables a feature like this?

I went back to double-check, and I found nothing that the online game would have contributed. There is a downloadable plug-in that is java-based, but it contains nothing to cause what I'm finding in iTunes. As a matter of fact, my son has played the same online game on the same machine in the past and I have never encountered the problem until now... So to the best of my knowledge and debugging, this issue has to be isolated to iTunes in some way...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
And VoiceOver is turned off in System Prefs? This has stumped me too! I'll be searching high and low for this one.

OP
S
Reaction score
Folks... I finally found the culprit to my problem!!!! I downloaded a widget from Yahoo called iTunes Remote. In its preference there is an option labeled as "Announce Track Information". This was what was causing the annoyance!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! Problem solved!!!! Issue is now fixed!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nice catch! Always love the feeling when figuring out a problem myself :) Congrats!

OP
S
Reaction score
Nice catch! Always love the feeling when figuring out a problem myself :) Congrats!

Thank you!!!! I was practically losing sleep on this one!!!! I don't like my Mac to pull surprises on me like that!!!! And as you might guess, I immediately deleted the confounded widget as punishment!!!!!

Thanks for you help!!!!!

:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.