Wireless Printer help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Just got my 27" iMac and it came with a HP Photosmart printer and it is wireless so I am trying to get it to work with my iMac but can't figure it out. Everything that came with the paper says if you have OS X 10.6(which I do) you do not need to insert any CD or anything because the drivers come with this version of snow leopard. But I cannot figure out how to get the iMac to see the printer or even connect the printer to my wireless network if that is what I need to do? I go to my printer settings and cannot see how I would add this printer because when I go to add one, nothing shows up.
Any help would be great

Reaction score
Just got my 27" iMac and it came with a HP Photosmart printer and it is wireless so I am trying to get it to work with my iMac but can't figure it out. Everything that came with the paper says if you have OS X 10.6(which I do) you do not need to insert any CD or anything because the drivers come with this version of snow leopard. But I cannot figure out how to get the iMac to see the printer or even connect the printer to my wireless network if that is what I need to do? I go to my printer settings and cannot see how I would add this printer because when I go to add one, nothing shows up.
Any help would be great

I had exactly the same situation and I eventually down loaded the latest driver for Mac OS from the HP site and selected "Add printer". I used the USB cable for the initial setup. All now working wirelessly.

Reaction score
I just bought Photosmart Premium and installation went fine without CD. First I configured printer from its own screen and then added printer from Snow Leopard. Printer was found instantly.
However, my printer was broken and before that diagnose, I tried to install software from setup disc. I found out that it added couple of items to start when logging in and because I don't really like that, I uninstalled whole thing.
I wonder if I should put them back? Is there any reason for that?

Reaction score
I just bought Photosmart Premium and installation went fine without CD. First I configured printer from its own screen and then added printer from Snow Leopard. Printer was found instantly.
However, my printer was broken and before that diagnose, I tried to install software from setup disc. I found out that it added couple of items to start when logging in and because I don't really like that, I uninstalled whole thing.
I wonder if I should put them back? Is there any reason for that?

If your printer has been replaced or repaired and is now working I would suggest you leave well enough alone.:D

Reaction score
If your printer has been replaced or repaired and is now working I would suggest you leave well enough alone.:D

Well, it works, or at least it has been working with those couple of prints I tried and one scan. Scanning took very long time (I scanned from Image Capture) and, is there better way to scan using HP utilities?

OP
T_O_P12
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
Thanks for the posts guys, got it working after an email with someone from HP and apparently what was package was not all that correct because I still had to download something from their site for it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.