What is current version of iWork?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X v. 10.6.5
What is the current version of iWork? Is there something better out there than iWork?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
iWork09.

You can try Open Office, Microsoft Office 08, not sure if it's better but it's an alternative.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What is the current version of iWork? Is there something better out there than iWork?

Depends on what you need it for. Crimson gave you the most popular alternatives, however, I'd like to point out that iWork09 "Pages" (word processor) is also a very good entry level DTP program. Hard to beat considering you also get a good presentation (Keynote) and spreadsheet (Numbers) program along with it.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
I have iWork and I love it. I thought I wasn't going to like it and I was going to get Microsoft office instead. After playing around with it for a while, I learned to really like it. It's also cheaper than Microsoft office which is good.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like Pages a lot because it actually has a lot of typography tools. That might not be important to some people though...>_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
I like Office. Numbers doesn't compare to Excel.

Actually it does compare but if you are doing company accounts etc then Excel is probably a better choice, but for Macs users that need a good spreadsheet with plenty of functions and ease of use - once u learn that it is not M$ - then it is great. Used Office 04 but gave it up in favour of iWork 09 and have not pulled any more hair out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.