3 very slow programs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8, 2.66Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo, 3GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
I'd like to know why does Time Machine, iTunes9 & Youtube slow my iMac down? TM & iTunes are the worst?

When TM is running every hour on the hour (For about 3-4 minutes) my iMac is virtually useless. I can surf around a bit or do some word doc stuff but nothing video related.

Same thing for downloading multiple songs from iTunes (this wasn't a big deal prior to iTunes9, don't understand why 9 is so much of a power hog).

Youtube is a different beast all together. If I want to watch a video when I click the video I can't move my mouse or scroll at the same time or it locks everything up & I get the spinning beach ball! :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
What version of OS X are you running?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
His Mac's specs are in his sig line.

To oceans11: You could probably use more system memory but it's also a matter of graphics power and maybe doing some cleanup maintenance. Try downloading and running a cleanup program like OnyX or Main Menu. Make sure you download the version that's correct for your operating system.

Regards.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
10.5.8, 2.66Ghz INtel Core 2 Duo, 3GB 800 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
His Mac's specs are in his sig line.

To oceans11: You could probably use more system memory but it's also a matter of graphics power and maybe doing some cleanup maintenance. Try downloading and running a cleanup program like OnyX or Main Menu. Make sure you download the version that's correct for your operating system.

Regards.

Okay, will do! Thanks alot!;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.