Dashboard on panther

Reaction score
Hey, i was just thinking aoubt getting dashboard on OS X panther. Could you possibly drag the dahboard app out of the applications folder, and drag the widgets from the Library folder and place them on a Panther HD ? Or does dashboard have little files everywhere? You think it's possible ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
mate just get Konfabulator, its the closest alternative, and probably as good, if not better than Dashboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook 1.33 G4, 768 MB RAM, 60GB HD
the widgets are in your user folder:

/Library/Widgets (available system wide for all users)
/~username/Library/Widgets (user specific widgets)

I dont quite get your questions...so i hope this helps.
jtr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
shaun89 said:
Hey, i was just thinking aoubt getting dashboard on OS X panther. Could you possibly drag the dahboard app out of the applications folder, and drag the widgets from the Library folder and place them on a Panther HD ? Or does dashboard have little files everywhere? You think it's possible ?

No, Dashboard actually is part of the Dock.app, and it doesn't run on Panther. Before I totally switched to Tiger, I had both systems installed, each on it's own harddisk. I booted up with Panther, and tried to run any of the apps of the Tiger disk.
Conclusion: None of the new Tiger apps runs on panther. But a few of the apps that are present on both systems (like Sherlock for example) run on Panther too. But only those which have not been updated, and there aren't much of them.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Ok, i thought that would be a neat experiment...

and i already have konfabulator, i was just seeing if it was possible.

Thanks guys

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" Quad i7, MacMini Quad i7 , 16gb ram on both. IPad 4th Gen. IPhone 4S
Dashboard Widgets Hmmm!

Dashboard Widgets , I swear I have been doing that on Linux for years, :headphone

See Pic! On Linux it is a program called KARAMBA that controls the "Widgets".

Joe

shaun89 said:

Attachments

• desktop_linux.jpg
    desktop_linux.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 11

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.