Memory stick is making my mac freeze and it didn't ever before...?

Reaction score
Hello

Well firstly, I hope this is in the right place, sorry if it is not. I have a mac book pro with os x but the problem seems to be my maxell memory stick...

I have had my memory stick for about 4 months and up until now has worked fine with my mac. I have been using the same memory stick in my mum's pc every so often. Well, I put a pdf file onto my memory stick from my mac, put it onto my mum's pc which I copied the files from, then I put it back into my mac....my mac froze!

The memory stick flashed for a lot longer than usual then the rainbow/beach ball appeared and my mac froze! I could'nt do anything. I had to use the power on/off button to close it, which I really don't like doing but didn't know what else to do.

I put my memory stick back into the pc and it said the files were corrupt or something.

However, I then put my memory stick into my old emac and showed the files fine, so I am really confused. What's going on and how can I make it work? I have tried it in my mac a few times but it just freezes, even when the memory stick is in before I turn my computer on. I have tried a different usb port but the same happened. I tried a different memory stick and it worked fine. It is very frustrating. PLEASE can someone help...thank you very much in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Try deleting everything off of it in the pc and see how it goes. If that doesn't work you could try and re-format it. If that doesn't work throw it away and buy a new one.

Hope this helps
Clay

OP
D
Reaction score
So put it in the emac, then delete everything off it? Only it doesnt work on my mac book pro or the pc now :(

And how would i re-format it? Sorry i dont know much about this but appreciate your help

ETA: I was really paranoid that my stick picked up a virus, I wasn't sure on the reason it was working then wouldn't

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.