Please Help Mac mini Display Problem

C

crazycanadian

today i decided i'd mess around with my resolutions on my mini, so after going from 1280x1024 to 800x600, i tried to go back and my monitor kept going blank and telling me the "video function not supported". now every time i start my computer i get the white background with the grey apple and then the screen goes blank with the message. i've got a hyundai image quest L70S flat lcd and no problems till today. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

OP
C

crazycanadian

im using the vga dvi connector, when i try using my dads dvi flat panel screen, everything is fine. so far i think my vga dvi connetor may be bad, all the monitors in home will show a blank screen using the connector from vga to dvi

Reaction score
crazycanadian said:
bump, any suggestions?
Check you're not forcing in the converter in too hard. Apparently, it's easy to cause a problem with the conversion adaptor.

Tc

OP
S

smithd220

Have the same problem with my samsung LCD tried it with a dell CRT works fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
crazycanadian said:
well all fixed, the apple phone techs were actually very helpful.

So that you may be able to help others with the same problem in the future, what proved to be the problem and what was the fix?

-Chris

OP
C

crazycanadian

The problem occurred when starting up the mini using the converter. I would get the white start up screen with the grey apple, but once that finished loading, my screen went blank with "video mode not supported". Apple walked me through booting into safe mood, in safe mood my monitor displayed at 1024x768. Once I had my display back, toggled through system preferences and reset monitor to 1280x1024. Restarted, and monitor came back to its previous condition before problem.

All a matter of mickey mousing the monitor settings, some how got stuck into booting a resolution that was too high. Hope this helps anyone else....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.