iChat 3.0 Audio Conferencing

M

mikeazorin

My friends and I all have iBook G4 800mhz 12"s with Tiger. This just meets the minimum requirements for 4 person audio chat. We all have highspeed, however when anyone tries to initiate an audio chat between two other people, iChat complains about not meeting minimum requirements. Is there a possible fix for this?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I thought the limit for audio was 10 persons. Also one person would initiate (start) the chat and the others would join in. I don't have tiger and iChat 3. So I can not say what or what not to do.

So i am wondering doesn't one person starts the meeting by inviting the other parties to join.

OP
M

mikeazorin

The deal is you need a G5 somewhere and loads of bandwidth to have a 10 people conversation but only an 800mhz G4 to have 4 person conversation. I'm just at the baseline, but the problem is that it thinks I'm below it. Maybe there's a way to overclock my iBook just a liiiitle bit?

Reaction score
Over clocking macs is hard.... and wouldnt bother because your iBook might get too hot, and it voids warranty i think

OP
M

mikeazorin

I looked into it, and overclocking is a bad idea. Is there anyway to just make my iBook think it's running at 801mhz?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.