Itunes volume adjustment help.

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently learned how to increase volume on songs in itunes, and it's great. BUT it only works on apple products. The songs play great on my itouch, but I want the same thing on my n900 phone. When I transfer the mp3's to my n900 the mp3s have the normal volume.

I've even tried ripping the adjusted songs from my itouch and transfering those mp3s to my n900, but it's still the same.

Are there any programs out there that will do the same thing itunes does, increase volume, but no quality loss and save to the original mp3 file? Or something within itunes.?

I've tried mp3gain and it did increase the volume, along with degrading quality of the mp3.

Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you, but would you mind sharing how you increased the volume without losing quality for apple products?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You can adjust the volume in iTunes for each track individually.
Just "get info" for the track and you will find an option to increase the volume.
However, it's a tiresome process!
MP3 gain is a not a good solution at all, for the reason stated by the OP.

Reaction score
Are there any programs out there that will do the same thing itunes does, increase volume, but no quality loss and save to the original mp3 file? Or something within itunes.?

If you want to increase the volume of the MP3 file across every platform you need to save the volume change within the file.
You can do that by importing it into some kind of recording software (either a freebie like Audacity or a pro suite like Logic or Pro Tools) increasing the level and then exporting the result as an AIFF or MP3, in which case you can replace the old version.
You'll undoubtedly end up with a better quality result than you would by just increasing the gain, but it will be very time consuming importing, adjusting and exporting every one of your MP3s.

I'd just turn my player up and down on the fly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz Intel + eMac 1.25 GHz + Black Macbook coreduo 2 Ghz
I have a little utility called "macmp3gain" that augments the volume of mp3s without re-encoding them.

C

chas_m

You wouldn't mind sharing your address with me, would you? I'm thinking of becoming a hearing aid salesman and I think I'm spotting some potential customers here ... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.