QuickTime 7 and AVI

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have downloaded and watched some AVI videos with QuickTime 6 and DivX codec, but today i tried to play them for the first time with QuickTime 7 and they don't have sound. Even after re-installing DivX the videos have no sound. Does anyone has the similar problem?
(Please, don't tell me to download another video player)

B

badmojo

mraya said:
I have downloaded and watched some AVI videos with QuickTime 6 and DivX codec, but today i tried to play them for the first time with QuickTime 7 and they don't have sound. Even after re-installing DivX the videos have no sound. Does anyone has the similar problem?
(Please, don't tell me to download another video player)

Maybe DIVX needs to develop a new codec for 7. You could try the Xvid codec too. Usually, the codec has nothing to do with the audio, only the video. Divx and Xvid are MP4 video compression technologies, only.

E

este

http://www.videolan.org
VLC media player :D

Iam a new Mac user, but I have used this on P for a long time with no problems. I have yet to find anything that will not play on it and they have a version for any system you can think of:
OSX, PC, etc...

Its not Quicktime but it plays sjust fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
QT 7 and AVIs work fine for me with DivX codec installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" PB 1.5, 512 ram, superdrive, one sexy computer!
where do i get the divx codec?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.