Entering Skype ****!!!

Reaction score
I love my Mac and I have loved Skype for quite some time now. At least that is until this last Christmas when the two of them will no longer play together.
I have been getting shut out of my account repeatedly, even after fixes from Skype support, and reloading Skype (with all the proper erasures of the previous download). I can sign in with no problems from any other computer but mine. Does anyone know what the ghost is in my machine???
I really need skype right now as I am an expat in Asia with no landline!!!:Shouting:

Reaction score
When you say shut out --- does this mean you cannot logon at all or user-id and password not recognized ??? Have you checked your firewall to the MAC- did something change? Are you on the same router when you sign-in to SKYPE with the other computers ?? DO you have an Iphone - if so try the connection from it to SKYQPE in a wire mode from your house. Can you send a SMS msg or does this pertain only to voice and or voice/video calls ??

Reaction score
Sorry should have said check going form iPhone in a wireless environment... I am wondering if one of your ports have been disabled for some reason... If you have been using the MAC and SKYPE for a long time can't see why things would have changed --- One More thing -- just for the heck of it is the MAC connected wireless or via hard-wire to the router??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.