Safari dont display pdf

Reaction score
Hi
Newbie question here. My safari doesnt display pdf files. I have installed adobe reader 9 and saw the plug-in in the library folder...

Anyone has similiar experience or can offer some expert advise?

Thanks in advance!

Ted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I use Safari and don't have an issue with pdf files. I use Preview to open pdfs, it's a better reader than Adobe. Try right clicking on any pdf, select Get Info, then Open With drop down select Preview and click on Change All. Then see if your Safari doesn't handle pdfs to your satisfaction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
You just got the right answer! Preview is the reader for practically anything and is much faster to launch and present the information than Adobe Reader, which is a real klutz of a program - forget it, with Apple you don't need it any longer.

OP
T
Reaction score
i always try to use preview for pdf files, the only problem is when i need to view electronic statements online and i cant download them. Safari doesnt seems to let me access the pdf file online.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Try moving the Adobe plugin from the plugin folder to the Desktop, restart Safari and see if that works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.