Screenburn current MBP 13"

Reaction score
After the last couple of weeks, this has appeared:

Link

and I think it's getting worse. Not really noticeable for normal applications, but when watching movies or whatever it's quite annoying. Is there an easy fix, or is this covered by warranty? It's the current generation MacBook Pro 13", purchased in August

Reaction score
Is that actually a screen burn? It looks more serious than that...like something of that shape hit the screen and knocked the pixels out of commission.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
Sure doesn't look like screen burn to me. Almost looks like something was sitting on the keypad and it got closed onto it.

Clay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

and I think it's getting worse. Not really noticeable for normal applications, but when watching movies or whatever it's quite annoying. Is there an easy fix, or is this covered by warranty? It's the current generation MacBook Pro 13", purchased in August

That's not screen burn - as others have pointed out. It's either a screen defect or something was placed between the keyboard and the display when the top cover was closed.

Your machine is certainly under warranty since it was purchased last August, but you may have a difficult time convincing Apple that it's a defect and not something you may have done. I'm not saying it's your fault - but I am saying it could be misconstrued to where it looks like it is.

Anyway, you won't find out unless you take it on in and have them look at it.

Let us know.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Uni 13/2.53 SL- iPhone 3g

Link

Mine has a similar marking on the screen. Only that it's smaller and only visible during startup when the screen is grey. I forgot all about it until reading this post.

My MBP is getting shipped back to Apple for a HDD replacement. I will have to mention this to them as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.