CS4 upgrade to Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Hi all, I have CS4 installed on my Mac Pro, and have just purchased a new Macbook. I've downloaded CS4 again from the adobe website, and I've put in my previous serial number, but because it's an upgrade, it's tried to do a search of the system to see what product I'm upgrading from. Since there is nothing on the system, it hasn't found anything and asked me for the serial number of my previous product.

I've found my CS3 serial number but it's not accepting it. I'm thinking this is possibly because it was for windows, even though the new CS4 serial number was for the mac upgrade when I changed platforms.

I'm at a loss, Adobe service centre is closed for two days, and I need to take this work with me interstate tomorrow.

Any ideas? TIA.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Humm do they still have the trial versions of CS4 for download? Not sure if it will work but give it a try.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.