Bluetooth device questions.

Reaction score
Hello Mac community!

I just bought a macbook pro and I need to purchase a 10key numeric keypad for accounting/statistics programs that I use for school and the only one i've been able to find is the "smk" keypad in the mac store. I was just about to purchase the item but I looked at the reviews on the unit and many people claim it to be HORRIBLE! >=(. So i'd like to know if anyone can make a good solid recommendation on a bluetooth 10key for me so that I can pick up a reliable one.

2nd part: I'd also like to if MULTIPLE devices can be sync with the laptop at I can use them all at the same time. For example, I'd pair my phone through bluetooth to sync and transfer data etc. I'd also have a bluetooth wireless mouse and if I purchase the 10key, that'll be on the bluetooth as well.

If i have all items connected and in use at the same time, will their be conflict? CAN I use all items at same time or is it one item in use at one time.

Thanks for any feedback/advice!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
OP
S
Reaction score
I would prefer to have it on a bluetooth connection, reason for that is because there are no USB ports on the right side of the macbook pro and it drives me nuts to occupy a USB port when theres only two...and sometimes I hate when the cord isn't long enough...lol sorry i'm picky about little things like that..plus the bluetooth is there so i'd like to utilize it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
Ah I see. Found this little number. It bears the Microsoft logo, but it looks nice and is Bluetooth.

Also, you can have multiple devices connected to Bluetooth without interference. Most of the time, I have my mouse, keyboard, and phone connected to Bluetooth at the same time.

OP
S
Reaction score
awesome! thank u so much for providing the link! it looks better then the white one at the apple store....it doesn't specify that it's compatible with mac but since it's blue tooth...it shouldn't matter right? because any blue tooth device can be paired with a the laptop?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.