This noise common

Reaction score
I noticed one day when it was really quiet in my house that a small noise was coming from somewhere. After some investigation I realized it was comming from my MBP. Now its NOT the fans because its not a constant chirp that a fan would make if its gone bad. Its more of a "beep" but its not exactly a beep. I noticed that its coming from the left top side of the laptop,around the USB ports.

Again,its not a constant noise its kinda like the noise that a computer makes when its working,when the HD is moving around.

If you need more help lmk,or if this is common lmk as well.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
That rings a bell (no pun intended). I once knew that issue..anyone?

Reaction score
I noticed one day when it was really quiet in my house that a small noise was coming from somewhere. After some investigation I realized it was comming from my MBP. Now its NOT the fans because its not a constant chirp that a fan would make if its gone bad. Its more of a "beep" but its not exactly a beep. I noticed that its coming from the left top side of the laptop,around the USB ports.

Again,its not a constant noise its kinda like the noise that a computer makes when its working,when the HD is moving around.

If you need more help lmk,or if this is common lmk as well.

Thanks

I copied this from the Engaget Website. Dont know if it will help but it appears that you might not be the only one experiencing it.

We’ve been hearing the er, noise about whining MacBook Pros for awhile. Now however, the problem seems to be widespread enough to warrant our, and possibly Apple’s, attention. As sister site TUAW points out, the high-pitched hissing/whining/squealing seems to be associated with an idle processor and does not affect all new MacBook Pros. However it affects enough to have sparked feverish discussion in your choice of Apple-related forums. And as these things go, several “fixes” have been suggested including keeping the Photobooth app running in the background to keep the processors busy, installing/uninstalling certain widgets, and disabling the second core processor altogether. Of course, many are simply holding out hope that a future firmware drops to sort it out all lickety-split quick. But that would require Apple to first own-up to an issue, which they have yet to do (publicly) thus far.

Whining MacBook Pro? You're not alone -- Engadget

OP
I
Reaction score
Ok this noise is annoying me,its getting worse. Is Apple going to fix this or should I just call tech support!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
There used to be a chirp of death. I would call Apple and complain.

OP
I
Reaction score
I will call the person who originally help me when I had to exchange my first 2 mbp's. I just hope I dont have to send my thing in!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.