HELP! Problems with iWeb and FTP servers

Reaction score
Hi, I've been working on designing a website with iWeb '08. The website is for a club at school, so I have to use the server that we already use, which is globat. I published the website to a folder, and then uploaded that folder to the FTP server. When I try to preview the page it does not show up. The background color is there, but nothing else shows up.

How do I fix this?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M
Have uploaded the actual folder to the directory or just the files inside the folder?

In your home directory on your site, you should have 3 files:
- assets.http/--www.yoursitename.co.uk.plist
- index.html
- yoursitename (a folder)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 10.6.2 (2.4 Ghz) | Time Capsule 500GB
Last I checked Globat was a very fishy service. When I used them they told me hosting would cost one thing, actually signed me up before I consented, then billed me for several hundred dollars without my consent. Luckily I realized they were not sound quickly enough to cancel my card. But that was last year sometime. Perhaps they have changed their ways.

OP
R
Reaction score
Well from the iWeb folder I uploaded the page "welcome.html" and then the server wouldn't let me upload the whole folder "welcome" that iweb makes, so I opened the folder and it let me select all of the files in the folder and upload them that way. So it seems like all the necessary information is there, but nothing shows up. I've read about people having problems with this version of iWeb and FTP servers, so I just don't know if the problem is fixable. I want to make the whole website with iWeb, but I also don't want to make it and then not be able to get it on the site and it be a waste.

And unfortunately globat is the server that we have, and just renewed our registration, so looks like there's nothing I can do about that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.