MacBook Pro battery, model unknown

Reaction score
I have a 15" MCP, i it as a gift and it is a refurbished model. The battery does need replacing and i am unsure which one i may need. The current one is a Sony-ASMB012-3825-4ead, square with 5 light indicator.

My best guess is that this is the same battery i require: Apple MacBook Pro 15inch Series - BattDepot.com - , A1175, MA348, MA348G/A, MA348LL/A, MA463LL/A, MA464LL/A, MA466LL/A, MA600LL/A, MA601LL, MA680LL/A, MA681LL/A, just a whole lot cheaper.

Secondly does anyone know if this is covered under the one year warranty for a refurbished MBP?

Thanks for any help
Shaun

Reaction score
My best guess is that this is the same battery i require:

Correct.

Secondly does anyone know if this is covered under the one year warranty for a refurbished MBP?
Batteries always cause headaches when it comes to warranties. The normal standard is they are "guaranteed" to hold 80% of their original capacity for 300 cycles or 1 year. If it dips below 80% before either of those conditions are met, you're far more likely to get a replacement. It is independent of AppleCare.

OP
S
Reaction score
Correct.

Batteries always cause headaches when it comes to warranties. The normal standard is they are "guaranteed" to hold 80% of their original capacity for 300 cycles or 1 year. If it dips below 80% before either of those conditions are met, you're far more likely to get a replacement. It is independent of AppleCare.

well thanks for the info. The battery is only at 155 cycles and full change is down to 1518 and showing "check battery". The computer is probably 2-3 years old now so im sure the battery is my problem now, was just curious about it being refurbished and if that is something that is included in the "new" warranty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.