Random Shutting Down/Turning On Issue

Reaction score
First post. Looking for some insight/advice. Will keep it brief.

Problem started about 3-4 days ago, my MBP shut down out of nowhere. When I went to turn it back on, it started up and a made the start up prompt then shut back down. Decided I would let it sit for the night to charge. (It wasn't plugged in when it shut down the first time) It did the same thing the next morning.

Went online and referred to, as well as the mac site:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/184325-macbook-random-shutdown-syndrome.html

Tried all of the fix its and still can't get it to stop shutting down. Also it still will not turn on if I press the power button alone, I have to press and hold control+comm+power and wait for it to prompt hold it for a second or two and then release for it to turn on. Also ran smcFanControl and it showed the fans are running. It stays on for random intervals could be 5 mins or last as long as it did last night about an hour. I am running OS X 10.5.5 got it back in 2008, July. Didn't get the warranty.

My mouse button itself is some what stuck or uneven and has been for a while don't think this is an issue unless something could be inside under the keyboard resulting in this issue. If I have no warranty I could just unscrew all the screws and look inside or should I not do that?

What are my options. Could a complete uninstall and reinstall of the OS fix it or is it a temporary fix?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.