Do you think Apple will announce an iPhone on the 26th?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Although Apple "MAY" be announcing a new Apple Mac Tablet. Does anyone think that they will announce a new iPhone too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Yes, for sure. It's a 100% certainty that there is a possibility of a new product announcement on the 26.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Although Apple "MAY" be announcing a new Apple Mac Tablet.
I hope not.

Apple has introduced the three iPhones in the summer months (June and July) so I would be very surprised if a new iPhone was introduced especially since the 3GS is less than a year old. On top of this, there is no real threat to Apple's arguable led in terms of tech advancement with the iPhone so there is no pressure to introduce a new model so quickly to compensate for large market advancements. In other words, they can wait for the summer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
It would be nice to see more than one iPhone a year, Every other smart phone maker releases multiple smartphones across multiple carriers every year. It would at least be nice to see a CDMA version iPhone released.

I have to disagree with vansmith the competition is on there toes and there have been many advances by competitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Aluminum unibody MBP, Intel core duo 2.4GHz proc, 4MB DDR3 RAM,
I hope not.

Apple has introduced the three iPhones in the summer months (June and July) so I would be very surprised if a new iPhone was introduced especially since the 3GS is less than a year old. On top of this, there is no real threat to Apple's arguable led in terms of tech advancement with the iPhone so there is no pressure to introduce a new model so quickly to compensate for large market advancements. In other words, they can wait for the summer.

He just means announced, not introduced. The iPhone has always been announced a few months before being introduced (released).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I have to disagree with vansmith the competition is on there toes and there have been many advances by competitors.
You are very correct but look at how often they are compared to the iPhone or referred to as potential iPhone killers only to be regarded as good but still lacking. These phones are still chasing the iPhone so while Apple should continue to push iPhone development, they still have fairly strong control over the "most innovative" or "most advanced" phone title (open to debate).

He just means announced, not introduced. The iPhone has always been announced a few months before being introduced (released).
The first iPhone was announced well ahead of time but the 3G and 3GS were not (I'm not entirely sure about the 3G announcement). The 3GS was only announced in June for a late June release (see here). Regardless, it is possible that a new phone will be announced but based on the last few (or at least the 3GS), I doubt it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP 2.8ghz, 4gb RAM, 500GB HD & iMac G5 17" 1.8ghz 2GB RAM, 300GB HD
I can see mentioning a new/improved iPhone for summer too. What I want to know is what about AT&T...are they going to continue with them? Add another carrier?? My Verizon contract is up in April and I am very anxious of any announcement concerning the iPhone....waiting somewhat patiently.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", 256GB SSD, 16GB Ram
My samsung phone finally broke and I'm up for a new contract with AT&T. If there is a model iPhone, I hope it will have HD Video recording capabilities. That would be a hugh inovation and will probably sell a number one seller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.