macbook pro?

Reaction score
Hey just wondering if I return my macbook and get a macbook pro are they going to charge me a restocking fee? I just got it last week. Also, is it worth the extra 200 especially since the hd is so much smaller, and since the new one is right around the corner? I've been teetering over this decision since I bought my macbook...I just can't get the aluminum casing out of my head.

On another tangent...does the aluminum case scratch easy? and would it be better to buy a new one for 1099 or a refurb for 999?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Quad Core i7 2.8 ghz 1TB HDD
I wouldn't return it, especially if your macbook you have now is working fine for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Apple I think does charge some sort of fee. Also, tests have shown that the shock-resistant polycarbonate on the MB resists falls better than the MBP's aluminum.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hey just wondering if I return my macbook and get a macbook pro are they going to charge me a restocking fee? I just got it last week. Also, is it worth the extra 200 especially since the hd is so much smaller, and since the new one is right around the corner? I've been teetering over this decision since I bought my macbook...I just can't get the aluminum casing out of my head.

On another tangent...does the aluminum case scratch easy? and would it be better to buy a new one for 1099 or a refurb for 999?

I have the original MB from before it went Unibody and it does everything I ever ask of it. Just because something new comes a long means that it makes your machine obsolete.

You know you can purchase a larger and faster HDD for less than 200 dollars right?

While the aluminum casing is beautiful and eye catching it does scratch very easily. In fact if you don't have some kind of protection or case for it just grab your keys and put a scratch in it yourself. At least then you will have piece of mind. >_<"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
While the aluminum casing is beautiful and eye catching it does scratch very easily. In fact if you don't have some kind of protection or case for it just grab your keys and put a scratch in it yourself. At least then you will have piece of mind. >_<"

Haha! So true! I treat mine (1.5 yrs old) like it was made out of tissue paper and it still has a few minor scratches and one tiny dent. *shrug* What are ya gonna do? It gives it character. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
Plus, people underrate plastic. It is really a good material, and resists damage very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.