Digital Photo Frames Frustration...

Reaction score
I am trying to get a Digital Photo Frame to display the prepared Jpeg images on a USB card in a specific order, ie: the order they're in in the finder window. Files are named, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, etc. so you'd think this would be academic. But, alas, this is not the case. 2 different frames from 2 different manufacturers will not display the images in the chosen order. I have made certain that any "Shuffle" commands or menu choices have been disabled, etc. The images are for a Countertop Installation firm who want to show before & after images. Kind of hard to make the before & after connection when the pics are out of order. Anyone have any insights into what might be the cause of the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
I have found this too. Frames are very random when it comes to USB.
Do either of them have internal storage? If so it may be worth trying that.
I don't know if it's the case, but I have a feeling that slide show picks the photo's by date created or file size.

OP
M
Reaction score
File sizes are identical. Same pixels by pixels from PSD file. And the order the images are displayed is different from the creation dates. My client keeps talking to "so called" experts who tell him its because the Jpegs were created on a Mac, which is quite retarded in my opinion. The frames have internal storage which might be the only way to control the slide show order. That's what we'll try next. Thanks! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Certainly nothing to do with it being Mac!
Keep us posted and we'll see if we can come up with another solution should internal storage not work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.